Friday 6 December 2013

Indentity

Today in class we were given a small insight on monograms..

What- MONOGRAMS?




Well, a monogram is a motif made by overlapping or combining two or more letters or other graphemes to form one symbol. Monograms are often made by combining the initials of an individual or a company, used as recognizable symbols or logos.
A monogram will always consist of letters, but not just placed together simply, that would otherwise be known only as a cypher.


& this, was to be our new assignment. Branding ourselves.



examples of clever logos
Bison in a bison

A G Low (interiors)


Have you ever realized the white arrow in between 'E' & 'x' ?!

Chambers hotel

I realized - halfway while looking through references we had to find - that I really liked the logos that supports the company's objectives further. Like, it is what it is. Their logos portray what the company does.

and so that was my base when I started brainstorming/sketching ideas for my own monogram. I would think about parts of my personality that could come through in my monogram.


After that, we had to "print" them onto our 6 different "products". I narrowed my list down to:

- mug
- pencil case
- notebook
- clear file
- box
- tote bag

...stuff I'd use daily




Brain juice, patience and couple of weeks later..


TA-DAAA.

(can you guess my initials??)

No comments:

Post a Comment